Thursday, November 01, 2007

Vampire Cupcakes, Breakfast Sandwich

2 Posts that don't have much to do with one another!

Got this idea from Baking Bites via PPK. I changed it and veganized it and I don't have a cute Halloween setup but dang if they weren't good. The link has all the instructions. For veganizing:

Any basic white cupcake recipe (I used Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World Sexy Lowfat Vanilla). I also used Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Cream Cheese frosting!

Instead of using cherry pie filling, I made my own with raspberries. Recipe below.







Raspberry Filling (can also use black cherries)

1 bag (12 oz) frozen raspberries
1/2 c sugar
1/6-1/3 c water
2 tsp. corn starch or arrowroot powder

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and allow raspberries to thaw. Make sure to mix the cornstarch so it dissolves in the liquid or it can come out lumpy!

Bring mixture to a boil in a pan and let cool. Fill as directed in link.

***********

"Fast Food" Breakfast Sandwich





1 English Muffin
1 recipe whatever your favourite tofu scramble
1 piece Tofutti "Cheddar" style cheese slice
2 pieces Yves Canadian Bacon, cooked after tofu scramble for crispiness

Toast muffin, "butter" it with Earth Balance and assemble as shown. I added a little maple syrup to the muffin to get an all-around brakfasty delight.

3 comments:

Webly said...

I love them! Those cupcakes are great.

Spencer said...

I saw this recipe from a link on FARK.com and wanted to veganize it, and here you beat me to the punch. Thought you might like these pictures since they involve a number of things [I think] you're interested in (I'm not telling you what you like, you decide that).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/teenytinyturkey/sets/72157600306898110/

PamelaCooks said...

Spencer-

yeah that's Lolo! veganyumyum.com