Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Thanksgiving, Pumpkin Rolls, Veganomicon, DEOTS

Haven't posted in a while!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My mom is a great cook and made everything vegan-friendly (that could be). She made:
Knot rolls
Stuffing
Home-made cranberry sauce
Butternut Squash
Carrots
Green Beans
Mashed potatoes
Sweet Potatoes

I made Green Bean casserole, Smlove Pie, and Tofurkey.

Table spread


Tofurkey


My plate


Smlove Pie



Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from Don't Eat Off The Sidewalk (aka DEOTS)


This next dish comes from
Veganomicon (VCON). Chickpea cutlets with red wine roux. I made lemon-butter noodles as well.



Rough recipe for lemon butter noodles:

Cook up 1/2 bag egg-free noodles, drain. In same pan (dry), heat 1/2 c vegetable stock, 2 Tb. earth balance margarine, and let simmer a little. It will thicken slightly. Add a 1/2-1 Tbsp. or more lemon juice and add noodles back in, coating well.

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

welcome back to blogging!! wow, you and your mom certainly cooked up quite a spread of delectable eats for your Thanksgiving celebration!! My favorite is DEFINITELY the Smlove Pie - I want to make it so badly, but I'm intimidated by all the steps in the recipe, haha :0)

PamelaCooks said...

Thanks. Regarding Smlove pie- I was intimidated by it, too..but if you make the pecans and the pie itself one day, then do the caramel and chocolate drizzle the next day, it's a snap!